Account Login
Free Shipping!

Blog and Resources

Deep Breathing Exercise Benefits

Deep breathing is an effective and natural tool to combat issues like stress and anxiety, reduce pain, high blood pressure and even aide in digestion. Deep breathing brings in extra oxygen, cleanses, opens, and soothes different parts of our being. The benefits to deep breathing are many:

  • Decreased stress and increased calm by decreasing cortisol, the “stress hormone.”
  • The heart rate slows, more oxygen enters the blood stream and ultimately communicates with the brain to relax.
  • Deep breathing ups your endorphins aka “feel good” chemicals which help create a feeling of calm but also combats pain.
  • It stimulates the lymphatic system and detoxifies the body. Breathing releases carbon monoxide, which is important to fully release. Breathing is in charge of 70% of cleansing the body of toxins, the other 30% is through bladder and bowels.
  • Improves immunity. When your blood is fully oxygenated, it carries and absorbs nutrients and vitamins more efficiently. Essentially, the cleaner the blood, the harder it is for illnesses to stay put in your system.
  • Increases energy. The more oxygen that is in the blood, the better our body functions. It also improves our stamina.
  • Lowers blood pressure. As your muscles relax, this allows your blood vessels to dilate, which improves circulation and lowers blood pressure. Deep breathing also slows and regulates the heart rate, which also helps with lowering your BP.
  • Improves digestion. The more you breathe deep, the more healthier blood flow you will produce, which in turn promotes your organs to function more effectively, including your intestines.
  • Helps support correct posture. Next time you breathe in, notice that you simultaneously lengthen and straighten your spine. In order to take a deep breath in, your lungs take up maximum space, your diaphragm pulls down, and your torso straightens in order for this to be possible. As a chiropractor I can attest to the benefits to the nervous system and brain/body communication from having good posture and a healthy spine!
Information on This Site Is Not Medical Advice

Neither the information published on this Site, including product descriptions, nor the information provided on any product label or packaging, or invoices are intended as a substitute for advice from your physician or other healthcare professional. You should not use the information on this site or provided with any product for diagnosis or treatment of any health problem or for prescription of any therapy or other treatment. You should always speak with your physician or other healthcare professional before starting any diet or before adopting any treatment for a health problem, or a suspected health problem of any kind.

Flourish is not liable for damages or injuries caused by misuse or abuse, accidents, or any unauthorized application or alteration to its products, improper use, unauthorized repairs, or modifications. Any misuse of the products may cause damage or injuries and such misuse should be strictly avoided.